Why Do You Need A Pension Advisor?
A pension advisor will provide you with the expert advice you need to plan for a comfortable retirement. The current State pension is just over €13,000 per annum (€253 per week), which works out less than the current minimum wage.
Supplementing this with your own pension makes good financial sense if you want to maintain a decent standard of living post-retirement.
Pensions can seem complex, when in reality the concept is quite simple. Your pension is a long-term tax-efficient savings plan that you access on your retirement.
For many, retirement appears a long way off and not something to worry about anytime soon. In reality, the sooner you start, the better. The compounding of tax savings on contributions and tax-free investment growth is incredibly powerful and the earlier you start the more impact it has.
Why You Need To Start A Pension?
• It is the most tax efficient way to save – putting more money in your pocket during your retirement.
• You get income tax relief on your pension contributions. Effectively, if you are a higher rate tax payer, for every €100 invested in your pension, you pay €60, with €40 coming from the Government. No other investment or savings plan comes close.
• You benefit from tax-free growth meaning no tax on any gains made within the fund. So, the full tax-free amount of any gains is added to the total value of your fund.
• You have the added benefit of compounding. Your contribution plus tax relief plus tax free growth means you get “growth on top of growth”. Over the medium to long term this has a major impact on the value of your fund.
• You can get up to 1.5 times final salary (if you have 20 years of service) or 25% of the fund (to max €200k) completely tax-free on retirement.
How It Works
Simply enter your contact details.
It is fast and secure. Let us know what type of pension advice you are looking for and we will do the rest.
One of our expert pension advisors will call you to discuss your needs.
This is a brief, no-obligation telephone call in which the advisor will listen to your query and outline how we can best assist you.
The next step is a face-to-face meeting / video or telephone call with the advisor to discuss in detail the best course of action to meet your pension needs.
Are you looking to start a pension?
Do you have an existing pension that needs reviewed?
• To check how your fund is performing
• To ensure that your investment funds are suitable for your risk appetite
• To ensure your funds are not being charged unnecessary fees
• To gain access to alternative fund choices
• To combine multiple pensions to simplify your retirement planning
• To make sure that you are on the right track for your retirement goals
We can request up to date details from the provider, review your existing pensions and give an expert summary of your positionBOOK A CONSULTATION
Are you retiring soon?
1. Claim a tax-free lump sum – up to 1.5 times final salary if you have 20 years of service or 25% up to max €200k dependent on the type of scheme
2. Decide what to do with the remaining balance of the fund. You may have the option to invest it in an Annuity or Approved Retirement Fund (ARF)
Annuity – This is an agreement from a pension provider to pay you an agreed regular income for the remainder of your natural life. Your pension arrangement will transfer the agreed value from the accumulated pension fund to the provider in return for the pension annuity contract.
Approved Retirement Fund (ARF) – An ARF is a post-retirement fund which continues to grow tax-free and from which you can withdraw a regular income. The transfer of a matured pension fund into an ARF is an option for holders of personal pension plans, proprietary directors, PRSA owners and also members of defined contribution (DC) occupational pension schemes.
We can advise on your retirement options and help you make the right decision for you.
BOOK A CONSULTATION
Do you have an old pension that you have lost track of?
We can help you track down these pensions, get up to date information on them and advise you on the best course of action.BOOK A CONSULTATION
Are you thinking about transferring a pension?
There are many reasons why people would consider transferring their pension(s) to a new provider including;
• To benefit from improved performance from alternative pension providers with a strong track history
• A pension is with a previous employer and you want to take control of it
• Your current or previous employer is winding up their pension scheme
• You have a pension abroad and you want to bring it to Ireland
• To gain access to alternative investment fund choices
• To reduce fund management fees
• To combine multiple pensions in order to simplify retirement planning
We can help assess your position, advise on your options and help you make the right decision for you.BOOK A CONSULTATION
Are you a director / owner of a limited company?
• A company has more flexibility and can generally make larger pension contributions
• 12.5% Corporation Tax saving on contributions made
• Company creditors have no access to these funds
• Directors can retire as early as 50 years of age
• Number of options available at retirement.
Speak to us for more information on your pension options as a company director.BOOK A CONSULTATION